About UVA Health System
About UVA Health System
UVA Health System includes a hospital, level I trauma center, nationally recognized cancer and heart centers and primary and specialty clinics throughout Central Virginia.
We rank among the nation’s top hospitals because of our doctors, nurses and caregivers who make every effort to push the envelope of healthcare.
Our staff has been recognized for excellence by publications like U.S. News & World Report, Best Doctors in America, America's Top Doctors and more.
Learn more about our mission, leadership, statistics and more.
You & UVA Health System
What is the UVA Health System?
The UVA Health System consists of:
- The UVA Medical Center includes the hospital, trauma center and primary and specialty care locations throughout Central Virginia.
- The UVA School of Medicine consistently attracts the nation's brightest students and most distinguished faculty members. The School of Medicine's 23 research centers continually make discoveries resulting in new and better therapies, especially in the areas of cancer, heart disease, and vaccine development.
- The UVA School of Nursing has earned a national reputation for excellence in education, research and practice. Ranked among the nation's top 25 public nursing schools, UVA offers undergraduate, master's level and doctoral nursing programs.
- The Claude Moore Health Sciences Library is a state-of-the-art library with a staff of professionals available to help healthcare specialists and patients find the latest health news and information.
- The UVA Physicians Group (formerly Health Services Foundation) is the physician group practice that manages billing for UVA physicians.
Features in Focus
Long-Term Acute Care Hospital
We offer the area's only long-term care facility for individuals with serious medical conditions who require a longer stay at our
Expanding into Culpeper and other regions gives us the opportunity to extend our expertise further than ever. Find out more about these valuable partnerships.
With child-focused care and a family-centered approach, our pediatric specialists give kids throughout the region their best options for growing up healthy at the UVA Children's Hospital.
Working with providers throughout the state, we offer a host of specialty services for people using the technology of telemedicine.