A. Christopher Moosavi, MD
- Vascular and Interventional Radiology
- Radiology and Medical Imaging
- Primary Location:
- Secondary Locations:
- ABMS Certification:
- Diagnostic Radiology;Vascular & Interventional Radiology
- Clinical Practice:
- Peripheral Vascular Disease, Pulmonary Embolism, Uterine Fibroids (Fibromyoma), Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT), Uterine Artery Embolization, Angiography
- Lecturer and UVA Physician
As part of the interventional radiology team, Dr. Moosavi performs minimally invasive, image-guided procedures to treat a wide variety of medical conditions that once required open surgery. He is certified in diagnostic radiology with the American Board of Radiology, and he holds a Certificate of Added Qualifications in Vascular and Interventional Radiology. His areas of specialty include interventional oncology (i.e., chemoembolization and radioembolization), pelvic congestion syndrome and IVC filter retrieval.
Dr. Moosavi is a member of several radiologic societies, including: The Society of Interventional Radiology, The American College of Radiology and the Fauquier County Medical Society. He completed his medical degree at SUNY Upstate Medical University and attended St. Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital / Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons for his Diagnostic Radiology Residency. Dr. Moosavi completed his fellowship in vascular and interventional radiology at The University of Maryland Medical Center.
- SUNY Upstate Medical University
- St, Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital
- University of Maryland Medical Center St, Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital