Adam B. Winick, MD
- Body Imaging, Vascular and Interventional Radiology
- Radiology and Medical Imaging
- Primary Location:
- Secondary Locations:
- ABMS Certification:
- Diagnostic Radiology; Vascular & Interventional Radiology
- Research Interests:
Investigating imaging as a value added proposition in health care decision making
- Clinical Practice:
- Uterine Fibroids (Fibromyoma), Peripheral Artery Disease (PAD), Uterine Artery Embolization, Fluoroscopy, Ultrasound-Guided Procedures, Interventional Radiology
Vice Chairman, Department of Radiology Community Division
- Associate Professor
Dr. Adam B. Winick is an associate professor who came to UVA from a private practice in Northern Virginia. Dr. Winick is board-certified in diagnostic radiology and subspecialty-trained in interventional radiology. He has been recognized as a Fellow in the Society of Interventional Radiology (FSIR), a recognition of distinction and achievement within the field.
Dr. Winick currently serves as the director of UVA Radiology’s Community Division, overseeing the department’s presence in Northern Virginia in partnership with the Novant Health | UVA Joint Operating Company. He is also the director of UVA Radiology’s vein clinic in Gainesville, VA.
Dr. Winick’s primary research interest is the investigation of acute gastrointestinal hemorrhage to determine clinical scenarios to increase specificity of mesenteric angiography. He also has given a resident lecture series concerning the business of radiology and private practice.
In all that he does, Dr. Winick puts a high priority on excellence, efficiency and patient care.
- 2017-2020 Best Doctors in America® List
- University of Medicine & Dentistry
- Bryn Mawr Hospital
- Johns Hopkins Hospital