- ABMS Certification:
- Amer Bd of Internal Medicine (Internal Medicine)
Amer Bd of Internal Medicine (Rheumatology)
- Clinical Practice:
- Rheumatology, Granulomatosis with Polyangiitis (GPA)
- Assistant Professor
Dr. Adam Carlson cares for patients with a broad spectrum of rheumatic diseases and has expertise in musculoskeletal ultrasound for the diagnosis and treatment rheumatic musculoskeletal conditions. He has a research interest in inflammatory spondyloarthropathies, including conditions such as ankylosing spondylitis and psoriatic arthritis. Dr. Carlson is an assistant professor of rheumatology and a medical educator who devotes time to teaching medical students, residents and fellows. He is board-certified in internal medicine and rheumatology.
Dr. Carlson grew up in Decatur, Ga., and completed his undergraduate studies at Emory University. He earned his medical degree at the University of Virginia and completed his internal medicine residency and rheumatology fellowship at the University of California San Francisco. He joined the faculty at UVA in 2014.
Married, with two daughters, Dr. Carlson is a lifelong runner who enjoys being outdoors in Charlottesville and the surrounding areas.
- 2018 Best Bedside Manner Awards, OurHealth Charlottesville and Shenandoah Valley Magazine; First Place, Rheumatology
- Internal Medicine, University of California- San Francisco
- Rheumatology, University of California- San Francisco