Alan C Dalkin, MDPractice Area: Women's Health, Diabetes & Metabolism, Cancer Department: Medicine Division: Endocrinology and Metabolism Title: Professor of Medicine AMBS Certification: Internal Medicine, 1987; Endocrinology and Metabolism, 1989 Other Appointment: Rheumatology and Endocrinology;
Contact InformationPrimary Location:
Diabetes and Endocrine Clinic Fontaine Research Park Second Floor, Suite 2100 415 Ray C. Hunt Dr. Charlottesville, VA 22903 Phone: 434.924.1825 | Fax: 434.924.9616 Other Locations:
UVA Specialty Care Pinnacle Drive
Dr. Alan Dalkin treats patients with a wide variety of endocrine disorders. His expertise is in disorders of the bone and mineral. He is a professor of medicine in the Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism and is the vice chairman for the Department of Medicine.
Dr. Dalkin has served as program director of the Endocrine Fellowship Program and is a former chief of the Division of Endocrinology; he also serves in a number of leadership positions for the Endocrine Society, an international organization devoted to research on hormones and the clinical practice of endocrinology. He serves on the Residency Review Committee, the body that oversees credentialing of all residency and fellowship programs in the United States. He is board-certified in both internal medicine and endocrinology and metabolism.
Dr. Dalkin grew up in Chicago and earned his undergraduate degree and medical degree from the University of Michigan. He completed his residency in internal medicine at University of Chicago Hospitals before returning to University of Michigan Medical Center for a fellowship in endocrinology and metabolism. He joined the UVA faculty in 1991.
Married, with three children, Dr. Dalkin enjoys playing golf, sailing, bike riding and devoting time to community organizations, including Little League of America.
- 2015, 2001-2013 Best Doctors in America® List
- 2012 U.S. News and World Report Department of Medicine Award for Outstanding Clinical Activity
- 2004 Selected for Leadership in Academic Medicine training
- 2000 Department of Internal Medicine Teaching Award
- 1999 Alpha Omega Alpha, Honor Medical Society (faculty)
- 1997 Department of Internal Medicine Attending of the Year
- 1996 Chief Medical Residents Recognition Award for Teaching
- 1984 Graduated with High Honors and Distinction Graduate: Dean's Award for Research Excellence
- 1978-1979 Dean's List
- 1976-1980 Undergraduate: Honor's College