- ABMS Certification:
- Surgery, 2002
- Research Interests:
Clinical trial accrual, access to care issues, surgical outcomes, use of new technologies
- Clinical Practice:
- Breast Cancer in Men, Breast Cancer Care, Lumpectomy, Mastectomy
Anneke Schroen is a surgical oncologist specializing in breast surgery, and serves as medical director of the UVA Breast Surgery Program at Culpeper. She attended the University of Texas at Austin for her undergraduate education, and earned her medical degree from the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas. She stayed on at the Southwestern Medical Center for her residency training in general surgery and a fellowship in surgical breast oncology. Between residency years, she was admitted to a national research fellowship program in clinical epidemiology and health services research at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and earned a Master of Public Health.
Dr. Schroen joined UVA in 2002 as an assistant professor of surgery and public health sciences, and was promoted to associate professor in 2009. In addition to her clinical and teaching work, she has an active research program examining health disparities in breast cancer treatment.
- 2018 Best Bedside Manner Awards, OurHealth Charlottesville and Shenandoah Valley Magazine; Third Place, Surgery: General
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 1994
- Surgery, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- Breast Diseases, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center; Epidemiology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill