- ABMS Certification:
- Diagnostic Radiology; Pediatric Radiology
- Research Interests:
Diagnostic imaging in musculoskeletal and pediatric disease
Bennett Alford, MD, FACR, is a professor emeritus of radiology and orthopedics at UVA. He grew up in Alabama and attended the University of Alabama for his undergraduate and medical school education. He completed his residency in diagnostic radiology at the University of Minnesota Hospitals in Minneapolis, and a fellowship in pediatric radiology at the University of Minnesota Hospitals and St. Paul Children’s Hospital. He joined UVA in 1977 as an assistant professor of radiology and pediatrics and became a full professor in 1993. He served as director of pediatric imaging at UVA from 1977-1985 and from 1988-2002. He served as a consulting radiologist for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital from 1997-2002.
Dr. Alford completed a fellowship in musculoskeletal radiology in 2004. He currently works in the Division of Musculoskeletal Imaging at UVA and has interest and expertise in both adult and pediatric imaging.
- 2015-2018 Best Doctors in America® List
- University of Alabama, 1972
- Diagnostic Radiology, University of Minnesota
- Pediatric Radiology, University of Minnesota and St. Paul's Children's Hospital; Musculoskeletal Radiology, University of Virginia