Brendan T Bowman, MDDepartment: Medicine Division: Nephrology Title: Assistant Professor ABMS Certification: Internal Medicine
Contact InformationPrimary Location:
Dialysis Orange Suite E 661 University Ln. Orange, VA 22960 Phone: 540.661.3011 | Fax: 540.661.3009 Other Locations:
Dr. Bowman is a board-certified nephrologist (kidney specialist) and takes care of patients with all stages of medical kidney disease. He has a special interest in the care of hemodialysis patients and serves as the medical director of UVA’s outpatient dialysis system of 11 freestanding clinics throughout central Virginia.
Prior to his medical career, Dr. Bowman served as a management and technology consultant in the Washington, D.C. region and has a continued interest in the use of technology to help improve patient outcomes in kidney disease.
Dr. Bowman was born and raised in the Baltimore/Annapolis area of Maryland. He earned his undergraduate degree in business and information systems from James Madison University and his medical degree from the University of Maryland, Baltimore. He completed his medical internship, residency and fellowship at UVA, and joined the UVA faculty in 2013.
When not seeing patients, Dr. Bowman enjoys family hikes in the Blue Ridge mountains with his wife and children. He also enjoys playing basketball and music with friends, but will be the first to tell you that he is mediocre at both.
- 2008 Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society Inductee
- 2008 Arnold Gold Humanism & Professionalism Honor Society Inductee
- 2011 Department of Medicine Fellow of the Year
- 2015 Department of Medicine Faculty Clinical Excellence Award
- 2015 Bedside Manner Award, Our Health Magazine; First place
- 2016 Our Health Magazine Bedside Manner Award; 3rd Place
- 2017 Department of Medicine Faculty Teaching Award