- ABMS Certification:
- Internal Medicine; Gastroenterology
- Research Interests:
Dr. Behm's research interests include understanding the pathogenesis of intestinal inflammation, methods to improve patient medication adherence, and clinical trials evaluating new therapies for Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis.
- Clinical Practice:
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD), Ulcerative Colitis, Colonoscopy, Flexible Sigmoidoscopy, Upper GI Endoscopy, Crohn's Disease, Endoscopy
- Associate Professor
Dr. Brian Behm is a gastroenterologist focused on treating patients with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). He is an associate professor of medicine and is board certified in gastroenterology.
Dr. Behm was born in northeast Ohio. He completed his undergraduate studies at Cornell University, graduating with distinction. He earned his medical degree at the University of Virginia, then completed an internal medicine residency at the University of California, San Francisco. He returned to UVA for his gastroenterology fellowship, then joined the UVA faculty in 2006. He went on to earn a master’s degree in health evaluation sciences from UVA in 2007.
Along with other services, Dr. Behm treats microscopic colitis, pouchitis and indeterminate colitis.
Dr. Behm lives in Charlottesville and enjoys hiking, bicycling and kayaking.
- University of Virginia School of Medicine, 1999
- Internal Medicine, University of California at San Francisco
- Gastroenterology, University of Virginia