- Clinical Practice:
- Women's Health, Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, Primary Care, Transgender Services, Transgender Primary Care
- Associate Professor
Catherine Casey, MD, is an associate professor of family medicine at UVA. Her clinical interests include taking care of LGBTQ patients and teaching students, residents and faculty about LGBTQ health. Recently, Dr. Casey helped establish UVA Health’s adult transgender clinic, at her office in Crozet. She also enjoys seeing pediatric patients and providing women’s health care, including prenatal and postpartum care.
Originally from Ithaca, New York, Dr. Casey did her undergraduate training at Cornell University, her hometown school, and went to medical school at the State University of New York at Buffalo. Eager to see what family medicine was like outside of the Northeast (and ready for some sunshine), she came to Charlottesville for her residency training and has been here ever since.
Dr. Casey appreciates the way family medicine constantly offers new opportunities to broaden her knowledge and her skill sets. She enjoys providing personalized care to patients and their families, keeping their goals and values in mind. And teaching medical students and residents opens her up to new ways of thinking and reaffirms her commitment to family medicine as a profession. Her non-working hours are divided between her son, Dylan, and the New Yorker magazine.
- 2019 Virginia Academy of Family Physicians (VAFP) Family Physician of the Year
- 2015-2020 Best Doctors in America® List
- State University of New York, Buffalo, 2004
- Family Medicine, University of Virginia Health System