Christian A Chisholm, MDDepartment: Obstetrics and Gynecology Division: Maternal - Fetal Medicine Title: Associate Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology ABMS Certification: Obstetrics and Gynecology; Obstetrics and Gynecology-Maternal-Fetal Medicine
Contact InformationPrimary Location:
Maternal and Fetal Medicine Clinic Third Floor 1204 W. Main St. Charlottesville, VA 22908 Phone: 434.924.2500 | Fax: 434.243.9240 Other Locations:
UVA Obstetrics and Gynecology a Department of Novant Health UVA Health System Culpeper Medical Center
Dr. Chisholm is a long-time member of the Division of Maternal-Fetal Medicine. He serves as the medical director for outpatient clinics for labor and delivery, as well as the vice-chair for education. He is also the chair of the Virginia section of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG).
Dr. Chisholm completed his medical education and residency training at the University of Maryland and his fellowship training at the University of North Carolina. He is board-certified by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology. His clinical interests include the full spectrum of maternal-fetal medicine with specific expertise in chorionic villus sampling (CVS), cervical cerclage, fetal blood sampling and transfusion, operative vaginal delivery and delivery of multiple gestations.
- 2002-2014 Best Doctors in America® List
- 2013 and 2005 National Faculty Award for Excellence in Education, Council on Resident Education in Obstetrics and Gynecology (CREOG), University of Virginia School of Medicine
- 2012 Excellence in Teaching Award for Undergraduate Medical Education, Association of Professors of Gynecology and Obstetrics (APGO), University of Virginia School of Medicine
- 2009 Dean's Award for Excellence in Teaching, University of Virginia School of Medicine
- 2009 America's Top Obstetricians and Gynecologists, Consumer's Research Council of America
- 2008 Best Bedside Manner Honorable Mention, OurHealth (Southwest and Central Virginia's Health and Lifestyle Magazine)
- 2002 Acclaimed Educator Award, Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, The Johns Hopkins School of Medicine
- 2001 Golden Apple Award for Excellence in Junior Resident Teaching, Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- 1998 Excellence in Teaching Award for Undergraduate Medical Education, Association of Professors of Gynecology and Obstetrics (APGO), University of Virginia School of Medicine