- ABMS Certification:
- Research Interests:
Diabetes|Growth|Puberty|Polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Clinical Practice:
- Cystic Fibrosis, Type 1 Diabetes, Type 2 Diabetes, Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS), Diabetes Insipidus- Pediatric, Hypopituitarism- Pediatric, Syndrome of Inappropriate Antidiuretic Hormone Secretion- Pediatric, Addison's Disease- Pediatric, Pheochromocytoma- Pediatric, Diabetes and Metabolism, Pediatric Diabetes and Metabolism Disorders, Pediatric Diabetes, Primary Care
Christine Burt Solorzano, MD, (pronouns: she/her) is a pediatric endocrinologist who grew up nearby in Harrisonburg. She attended UVA for college, medical school, pediatric residency and chief residency. She trained at Children’s Hospital Los Angeles for her pediatric endocrinology fellowship and returned to UVA as faculty in 2008.
Besides seeing patients, Dr. Burt Solorzano is a clinical investigator studying early etiologies of polycystic ovary syndrome in girls, and is involved in multi-center studies for types 1 and 2 diabetes in children. She is medical director of the UVA Children’s Fitness Clinic. She created the UVA Go Girls! fitness support group, which uses dance to promote physical activity and healthy living in youth.
- 2015-2020 Best Doctors in America® List
- University of Virginia School of Medicine, 2001
- Pediatrics, University of Virginia Health System
- Pediatric Endocrinology and Metabolism, Children's Hospital Los Angeles, Center for Diabetes, Endocrinology & Metabolism