- ABMS Certification:
- Diagnostic Radiology, 2002
- Research Interests:
Musculoskeletal imaging, pediatric bone age, imaging informatics
Vice-Chair, Informatics; Director, Musculoskeletal Imaging and Intervention, Fellowship Director, Musculoskeletal Imaging and Intervention
Dr. Gaskin is a professor of radiology as well as the associate chief medical information officer at the UVA Health and the vice-chair of Informatics for the department of Radiology and Medical Imaging. He also serves as the director and fellowship director of musculoskeletal MRI.
Dr. Gaskin’s clinical activities include interpretation of radiographs, CT, MRI and ultrasound of the musculoskeletal system, performance of a wide variety of interventional procedures and diagnostic musculoskeletal ultrasounds studies as well as ultrasound-guided biopsies and injections, and interpretations of DEXA scans.
- 2019 Best Bedside Manner Awards, OurHealth Charlottesville and Shenandoah Valley Magazine; First Place, Radiology
- 2015 Bedside Manner Award, Our Health Magazine; Third place
- University of Florida, 1997
- Diagnostic Radiology, Duke University
- Musculoskeletal Imaging, Duke University