Christopher R. McCartney, MD
- ABMS Certification:
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
- Research Interests:
Reproductive neuroendocrinology and polycystic ovary syndrome.
- Clinical Practice:
- Thyroid Cancer, Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS), Endocrine Tumors, Diabetes and Metabolism, Pituitary, Head and Neck Cancer, Transgender Services
- Associate Professor
Christopher McCartney, MD, (pronouns: he/him) went to medical school and completed residency training in internal medicine in his home state of Mississippi. In 1999 he came to the University of Virginia for a fellowship in endocrinology and metabolism, which he completed in 2002. Originally planning to return to the University of Mississippi as a clinician-educator, he decided to stay in Charlottesville to pursue clinical research and his passion for teaching and mentorship. Over the last decade he has increasingly become involved with education of medical fellows (in addition to medical student and resident teaching).
- 2015-2020 Best Doctors in America® List
- University of Mississippi Medical School, 1996
- Internal Medicine, University of Mississippi Medical Center
- Endocrinology, and Metabolism, University of Virginia