- ABMS Certification:
- Gastroenterology, 1993
- Research Interests:
Endoscopic ultrasound, viral hepatitis therapy, irritable bowel syndrome
- Clinical Practice:
- Colon Cancer, Rectal Cancer, Colon Polyps, Familial Adenomatous Polyposis (FAP), Colonoscopy, Endoscopic Ultrasound, Flexible Sigmoidoscopy, Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy, Upper GI Endoscopy, Endoscopy
Dr. Yoshida was born and raised in Southern California. She received her undergraduate degree at the University of California, Davis and her medical degree from the University of Kansas in Kansas City, KS. She completed her gastroenterology fellowship training at the University of Virginia Health Sciences Center, and she is board certified is gastroenterology, as well as a fellow of the American Gastroenterological Association.
Dr. Yoshida has served on a number of committees for the American Gastroenterological Association (AGA) and has been an active member of the American College of Gastroenterology and American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy. She is the author of No More Digestive Problems, the AGA’s first consumer book specifically designed to address women’s digestive health.
She is married and has two children and is interested in travel. She has also volunteered in Nicaragua, India and Romania.
Dr. Yoshida also provides care at UVA Endoscopy Monroe Lane.
- 2019 Best Bedside Manner Awards, OurHealth Charlottesville and Shenandoah Valley Magazine; Honorable Mention, Gastroenterology
- 2018 Best Bedside Manner Awards, OurHealth Charlottesville and Shenandoah Valley Magazine; Third Place, Gastroenterology
- University of Virginia Dean’s Award for Teaching Excellence
- Dean’s Award for Clinical Excellence
- University of Kansas School of Medicine, 1987
- Internal Medicine, University of Kansas School of Medicine
- Gastroenterology, University of Virginia