- ABMS Certification:
- Amer Bd of Internal Medicine (Critical Care Medicine)
Amer Bd of Internal Medicine (Internal Medicine)
Amer Bd of Internal Medicine (Pulmonary Disease)
- Clinical Practice:
- Cystic Fibrosis, Bronchoscopy, Pulmonary Function Tests, Pulmonary & Respiratory Care
- Associate Professor
Medical director of the UVA Adult Cystic Fibrosis Clinic, Dana Albon, MD, is a board-certified pulmonologist specializing in providing comprehensive care to patients with cystic fibrosis, non-cystic fibrosis bronchiectasis, primary ciliary dyskinesia and nontuberculous mycobacteria lung disease. She is also actively involved in cystic fibrosis research, studying iron deficiency, allergy and asthma in patients with this inherited disease.
Born and raised in Romania, Albon received her medical degree from the Iuliu Hatieganu University of Medicine and Pharmacy in Cluj-Napoca, Romania. She moved to the U.S. in 2001 to pursue a Master of Science at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Albon completed residency training at Moses Cone Health System in Greensboro, as well as two fellowships, one in lung transplant at Duke University School of Medicine and another in pulmonary and critical care at Wake Forest University School of Medicine. She joined the UVA faculty in 2014.
In her free time, Albon enjoys reading, traveling and spending time with her husband and two children.
- University of Medicine & Pharmacy, Iuliu Hatieganu, 2001
- Internal Medicine, Moses Cone Health System
- Lung Transplant, Duke University Pulmonary and Critical Care, Wake Forest University School of Medicine