- ABMS Certification:
- Pediatrics; Pediatric Cardiology
- Clinical Practice:
- Pericarditis- Pediatric, Congenital Heart Disease, Fetal Echo- Pediatric, Heart Failure- Pediatric, Fetal Heart, Heart Transplant- Pediatric, Pediatric Heart Conditions, Pediatric Transplant
- Associate Professor
Dr. Schneider is the medical director of noninvasive imaging/echocardiography and fetal echocardiography at UVA. He grew up in Alexandria, South Dakota, a small town of about 500 people, and graduated high school in a class of 45 students. He earned his undergraduate and medical degrees at Creighton University in Omaha, Nebraska.
After medical school, Dr. Schneider trained in pediatrics at Portsmouth Naval Hospital in Virginia, followed by four years of general pediatrics at Great Lakes Naval Hospital north of Chicago. He completed his fellowship training in pediatric cardiology at the Johns Hopkins Hospital and then spent four years back at Portsmouth Naval Hospital on staff as a pediatric cardiologist. During that time, he was deployed to Saudi Arabia during the first Gulf war.
Dr. Schneider then spent 16 years at Children’s Hospital of The King’s Daughters in Norfolk, where he was medical director of noninvasive imaging/echocardiography and served the last two years as chief of pediatric cardiology. He came to UVA in 2008.
Dr. Schneider married his wife, Lisa, in 2008 and has five children. He is active in his church and loves sports, especially college sports.
- Creighton University School of Medicine, 1979
- Pediatrics, Portsmouth Naval Hospital
- Pediatric Cardiology, Johns Hopkins University Hospital