- ABMS Certification:
- Surgery, 1987; Anesthesiology, 1990
- Clinical Practice:
- Endocrine Surgery, Liver Resection
Director, Perioperative Services, Director Liver Transplant Anesthesia; Vice Chair Clinical Services; Operating Room Medical Director
- Associate Professor of Anesthesiology and Surgery
David Bogdonoff, MD, is the vice chair for clinical affairs in the Department of Anesthesiology. He directs the liver transplant anesthesia service and has been involved in liver transplantation at UVA since the first case back in the spring of 1989. His other clinical interests include neuroanesthesia and anesthesia for endocrine, trauma and hepatobiliary surgery.
He attended Wesleyan University and earned his medical degree from the University of Rochester. He completed a surgery residency at Penn State in 1986, and then came to UVA for a residency in anesthesiology. He joined the faculty at UVA as an assistant professor of anesthesiology and surgery in 1989, and became an associate professor in 1995. He has previously served as medical director of the OR and perioperative services. He currently works with EPIC implementation and enhancement teams? as the anesthesia champion.
- 2015-2018 Best Doctors in America® List
- University of Rochester, 1981
- Surgery, Milton S. Hershey Medical Center-Pennsylvania State University; Anesthesiology, University of Virginia