- ABMS Certification:
- Neurology, 1994
- Research Interests:
Brain tumor clinical trials, Brain tumor epidemiology
- Clinical Practice:
- Astrocytoma, Glioblastoma Multiforme (GBM), Meningioma, Neurofibromatosis Type 1, Neurofibromatosis Type 2, Von Hippel-Lindau Disease, Brain Tumors, Hemangioblastomas, Brain Metastases, Primary CNS Lymphoma, Optic Nerve Gliomas, Ependymomas, Oligodendrogliomas, Neurology Services
Professor of Medicine
Dr. Schiff is the Harrison Distinguished Professor of Neurology, Neurological Surgery and Medicine. He is the co-director of the UVA Neuro-Oncology Center. His specialties include clinical trials for malignant brain tumors and the management of neurological complications of cancer and its therapies. He has led or co-led numerous NCI-funded brain tumor and pharmaceutical clinical trials.
Dr. Schiff serves on the NCI brain malignancy steering committee and chairs the ECOG-ACRIN brain tumor working group. He also serves on several editorial boards, most notably as the associate editor of the journal, Neuro-Oncology.
- 2011-2018 Best Doctors in America® List
- 2015 One of America's Top Cancer Doctors, Newsweek®
- Harvard Medical School, 1988
- Neurology, Harvard-Longwood
- Neuro-Oncology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center; Neuro-Oncology, Mayo Clinic