Ellen C Keeley, MDPractice Area: Heart and Vascular Department: Medicine Division: Cardiovascular Medicine Title: Professor ABMS Certification: Cardiovascular Disease; Interventional Cardiology
Contact InformationPrimary Location:
Heart and Vascular Center Second Floor 1215 Lee St. Charlottesville, VA 22908 Phone: 434.243.1000 | Fax: 434.244.7551 Other Locations:
Cardiac Catheterization Lab
Ellen Keeley, MD, runs the UVA Post-MI Clinic, where she sees patients who have been discharged after a heart attack, with the goal of reducing the risk of readmission and adverse cardiac events. She also performs coronary interventions in the cardiac catheterization lab and cares for patients in the coronary care unit.
Dr. Keeley is associate program director for research for UVA’s Cardiology Fellowship Program and is an associate professor of internal medicine in the Division of Cardiovascular Medicine. She is board-certified in both cardiovascular disease and interventional cardiology.
Born in Brigantine, NJ, Dr. Keeley completed her undergraduate studies at St. Joseph's University and earned her medical degree from Jefferson Medical College, both located in Philadelphia. She completed her internal medicine residency at Jefferson University Hospital, a three-year clinical cardiology fellowship at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center and a two-year interventional cardiology fellowship at William Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak, MI. She joined the faculty at UVA in 2006, earning a Master of Science in clinical research from UVA two years later.
Dr. Keeley is married to fellow UVA faculty member Borna Mehrad, MBBS, a pulmonologist and basic science researcher. They have one daughter.
- 2015 Resident Mentor Award, The University of Virginia Internal Medicine Residency Program
- 2014 Excellence in Mentoring Award, The University of Virginia School of Medicine
- 2013 Inducted into the Academy of Distinguished Educators, The University of Virginia School of Medicine
- 2013 J. Edwin Wood, Jr. M.D. Attending Teaching Award, The University of Virginia School of Medicine, Division of Cardiology
- 2012 Inducted into the University of Virginia’s Millipub Club
- 2011 Internal Medicine Chief Residents’ Award for Excellence in Resident Mentorship, The University of Virginia School of Medicine
- 1999 Cardiology Attending Teaching Award, Henry Ford Hospital
- 1991 Intern of the Year, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
- 1990 Simpson Pulmonary Award, Inducted into the Hobart Hare Honorary Society, Jefferson Medical College
- 1989 Honors in Ambulatory Care Medicine, Internal Medicine, Cardiology and Pulmonary Medicine, Jefferson Medical College