Evan B Heald, MD
- General Medicine, Geriatrics and Palliative Care, General Primary Care Offices Appointment
- Medicine, Primary Care Offices
- ABMS Certification:
- Internal Medicine
- Research Interests:
Consultative medicine & physician education
- Clinical Practice:
- Internal Medicine, Primary Care
Director, Ambulatory Internal Medicine Clerkship
- Associate Professor
Evan B. Heald, MD, is a general internist with a focus on holistic and patient-centered care for adults with acute and chronic primary care issues and an emphasis on overall wellness and healthy living. He enjoys the fulfillment that comes from connecting with patients over the long term and, as an educator, he finds gratification in passing along the premise of relationship-based care with residents and medical students.
Heald grew up in rural college towns in Virginia and Pennsylvania, combining physical work on the land with academic work at Penn State University. He came to UVA for residency training in 1991 and has been involved in clinical care and teaching at University Medical Associates ever since.
A proud husband and father, Heald is also a recumbent cyclist, boat builder, guitar maker, cook, amateur naturalist and sometimes-poet in his free time.
- 2015-2020 Best Doctors in America® List
- 2008 Academy of Distinguished Educators
- 2008 UVA School of Medicine Award for Excellence in Teaching
- 1989 AOA
- Pennsylvania State University, 1991
- Internal Medicine, University of Virginia