Gregory C Townsend, MD
- ABMS Certification:
- Infectious Disease, 2005
- Clinical Practice:
- Meningitis (Bacterial and Viral)-child, Tinea Capitis (Scalp Infection), Endocarditis, Genital Herpes, Gonorrhea, Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, HIV Infection and AIDS, Influenza, Lyme Disease, Measles, Epidemic Parotitis (Mumps), Onychomycosis, Osteomyelitis (Bone Infection), Syphilis, Tuberculosis (TB), Urinary Tract Infection (UTI), Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)-child, Genital Warts, Pneumonia, Methicillin-Resistant Staph Infection (MRSA), Internal Medicine, Infectious Diseases
- Associate Professor of Medicine and Clinical Instructor of Pediatrics
Gregory Townsend, MD, is an associate professor of internal medicine in the Division of Infectious Diseases and International Health at UVA. He specializes in treating patients with HIV and sees patients at the Ryan White HIV Clinic.
Dr. Townsend attended the College of William and Mary and earned his medical degree from UVA. He completed his residency in internal medicine and pediatrics at West Virginia University Hospitals, and then returned to UVA for his fellowship training in infectious diseases. He joined the faculty in 1993, and in 2014 was named associate dean for diversity and medical education.
- University of Virginia, 1986
- Internal Medicine, West Virginia University Hospitals
- Infectious Diseases, University of Virginia Infectious Diseases, Veterans Administration Hospital, Salem, VA