- ABMS Certification:
- Internal Medicine
- Research Interests:
- Clinical Practice:
- Internal Medicine, Primary Care
Medical Director, University Medical Associates
- Associate Professor
Dr. Helenius is a general internist. In her practice at University Medical Associates, she sees adult patients and provides primary care, preventive medicine, and chronic disease management. Her passion is providing excellent primary care to her patients, training future internists, and improving outpatient practices.
She served as the medical director of University Medical Associates for 10 years. Aside from her clinical practice, her current interests are the development of UVA's telemedicine program and physician training on the use of the electronic medical record system (EPIC).
She attended undergraduate and medical school at Brown University, followed by a residency in internal medicine at Mount Sinai School of Medicine.
After residency, Dr. Helenius completed a general medicine fellowship and received her master's in public health at Mount Sinai. Her research focus was women's health and methods of teaching evidence-based medicine.
- 2015-2020 Best Doctors in America® List
- Brown University School of Medicine (Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University), Providence, RI, 1999
- Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY (Internal Medicine)
- Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY (General Internal Medicine Fellowship with Masters in Public Health)