Jennifer A Harvey, MDDepartment: Radiology and Medical Imaging Division: Breast Imaging Title: Professor of Radiology ABMS Certification: Diagnostic Radiology, 1993 Other Appointment: Division Head - Breast Imaging
Contact InformationPrimary Location:
Breast Care Center Suite 1101 1300 Jefferson Park Ave. Charlottesville, VA 22903 Phone: 434.924.9391 Other Locations:
Novant Health UVA Health System Culpeper Medical Center
Radiology and Medical Imaging
Dr. Harvey trained in Arizona, receiving her BS degree in zoology and chemistry at Northern Arizona University and her Doctorate of Medicine degree at the University of Arizona. She also completed her residency training in diagnostic radiology at the University of Arizona, where she served as chief resident. She was certified by the American Board of Radiology in 1993. Dr. Harvey has been the head of the Division of Breast Imaging at UVA since 1994, and director or co-director of the UVA Breast Program since 2000. She is a fellow of the Society of Breast Imaging and the American College of Radiology. Her primary research interest is mammographic breast density and the association with breast cancer risk.
From mammography and tomosynthesis (3D mammography), to ultrasound and breast MRI, Dr. Harvey is involved in all aspects of breast imaging. She also performs image-guided breast biopsies including stereotactic, ultrasound, MRI guided biopsies and radioactive seed localization procedures.
Related Media:Dense Breast Tissue Campaign
- 2016 Harvard Emerging Leaders Seminar, Radiology Leadership Institute, Virginia Chapter of the American College of Radiology Scholarship
- 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2011 Best Doctors in America® List
- 2013 Sharon L. Hostler Women in Medicine Leadership Award School of Medicine, University of Virginia
- 2013 Lifetime Service Award, American Board of Radiology
- 2004 Virginia Breast Cancer Foundation Sharon H. Kohlenberg Healthcare Service Award
- 1998 Dean's Award for Clinical Excellence
- 1993 American Roentgen Ray Society Presidents Award for Resident Research