- ABMS Certification:
- American Board of Internal Medicine; American Board of Pediatrics
- Clinical Practice:
- Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia, Colon Cancer, Lung Cancer, Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma, Ovarian Cancer (Epithelial), Pancreatic Cancer, Skin Cancer, Vaginal Cancer, Hodgkin Lymphoma, Brain Tumors, Breast Cancer, Leukemia, Lymphoma, Sarcoma (Soft Tissue Tumors), Blood Disorders, Head and Neck Cancer
Dr. Hsu graduated from the University of Florida with a degree in zoology. He completed his medical degree at Ross University, where he graduated magna cum laude. He completed a residency in combined internal medicine and pediatrics at the University of Mississippi Medical Center, then went on to a pediatric hematology/oncology fellowship at the University of North Carolina Chapel Hill where he served as chief fellow. While at UNC, he had many pursuits. He was a T32 integrative medicine fellow conducting clinical research in the use of integrative medicine in oncology patients. He was also a clinical research fellow in a basic science immunology lab studying the effect of inflammation in cancer pathogenesis and attempting to create a human immune and human tumor mouse model. He also obtained his Masters of Public Health during this same time. Dr. Hsu then went on to complete an adult hematology/oncology fellowship at the University of Mississippi Medical Center, where he again served as chief fellow.
Dr. Hsu is board certified in internal medicine, pediatrics and pediatric hematology/oncology, and is board eligible in adult hematology and oncology.
He practices at UVA Cancer Center Pantops, part of the UVA Community Oncology Network within the Division of Hematology/Oncology at UVA. Dr. Hsu is a physician and lecturer at UVA and has affiliation with UVA Culpeper, Augusta Health and Martha Jefferson hospitals.
Dr. Hsu provides care for all blood and cancer-related diagnoses, primarily in adults, with a clinical interest in the adolescent and young adult population, as well as late effects of cancer.
Dr. Hsu grew up in Florida and enjoys spending time with his wife, two children and dog.
- Ross University, MD; Univ. of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, MPH
- University of Mississippi
- University of Mississippi - Adult Hematology/Oncology; University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill - Pediatric Hematology/Oncology