- ABMS Certification:
- Radiology, 1991; Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiology, 1995
- Research Interests:
Intimal hyperplasia, renal perfusion
- Clinical Practice:
- Atherosclerosis, Bile Duct Cancer, Colon Cancer, Liver Cancer, Lymphedema, Varicose Veins, Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA), Aortic Aneurysm Repair & Removal, Atherectomy and Angioplasty, Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT), Effort Subclavian Vein Thrombosis, Fibromuscular Dysplasia, Iliac Aneurysm, May-Thurner Syndrome, Mesenteric Arterial Disease, Peripheral Artery Disease (PAD), Popliteal Aneurysm, Thoracic Aortic Aneurysm Repair, Traumatic Aortic Injury, Venous Insufficiency, Gastrointestinal Cancer, Subclavian Aneurysm, Thoracic Aortic Aneurysm, Fenestrated Endovascular Grafts, Aortic Disease, Aorta Disease, Vascular Disease Care, Endovascular Embolization, Biliary Drainage, Central Line Catheter, Fistulogram, Nephrostomy Tube, Cardiac Imaging, Vascular Screening, VenaSeal Varicose Vein Treatment, Interventional Radiology, Radioembolization, Endovenous Laser Ablation Therapy (EVLT), Inferior Vena Cava (IVC) Filter, Varicocele
John Fritz Angle, M.D., has more than 15 years experience performing interventional radiology procedures to treat vascular diseases and cancer. He is board certified in diagnostic radiology and has a certificate of additional qualification in vascular and interventional radiology. He specializes in minimally invasive techniques to treat peripheral arterial disease, aortic aneurysm disease, venous insufficiency, venous thromboembolic disease, dialysis access maintenance and cancerous tumors.
Dr. Angle is recognized nationally and internationally as a leader in the field and has shared his research and experience through 69 invited lectures and by authoring or co-authoring 78 peer-reviewed journal publications, 18 book chapters and 69 abstracts. He is also a member of Alpha Omega Alpha (National Medical Honor Society) and is a past recipient of UVA's Outstanding Clinical Faculty Excellence Award. He is the Director of the Division of Vascular and Interventional Radiology.
- 2019 Best Bedside Manner Awards, OurHealth Charlottesville and Shenandoah Valley Magazine; Third Place, Radiology
- 2018 Best Bedside Manner Awards, OurHealth Charlottesville and Shenandoah Valley Magazine; First Place, Radiology
- 2011-2020 Best Doctors in America® List
- University of Nebraska, 1986
- Diagnostic Radiology, Truman Medical Center, Kansas City, MO
- Interventional Radiology, University of Virginia