John F. Angle, MD
- ABMS Certification:
- Radiology, 1991; Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiology, 1995
- Research Interests:
Intimal hyperplasia, renal perfusion
- Clinical Practice:
- Atherosclerosis (Hardening of the Arteries), Bile Duct Cancer, Liver Cancer, Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA), Ablation, Aortic Aneurysm Repair/Removal, Angioplasty/Atherectomy of Noncoronary Vessel, Iliac Aneurysm, Mesenteric Arterial Disease, Peripheral Artery Disease (PAD), Thoracic Aortic Aneurysm Repair, Traumatic Aortic Injury, Uterine Artery Embolization, Venous Insufficiency, Thoracic Aortic Aneurysm, Fenestrated Endovascular Grafts, Aneurysms, Aortic Disease, Artery Disease, Vein Diseases, Cardiac Imaging, Vascular Screening, Pituitary
- Professor of Radiology
John Fritz Angle, M.D., has more than 15 years experience performing interventional radiology procedures to treat vascular diseases and cancer. He is board certified in diagnostic radiology and has a certificate of additional qualification in vascular and interventional radiology. He specializes in minimally invasive techniques to treat peripheral arterial disease, aortic aneurysm disease, venous insufficiency, venous thromboembolic disease, dialysis access maintenance and cancerous tumors.
Dr. Angle is recognized nationally and internationally as a leader in the field and has shared his research and experience through 69 invited lectures and by authoring or co-authoring 78 peer-reviewed journal publications, 18 book chapters and 69 abstracts. He is also a member of Alpha Omega Alpha (National Medical Honor Society) and is a past recipient of UVA's Outstanding Clinical Faculty Excellence Award. He is the Director of the Division of Vascular and Interventional Radiology.
- 2011-2018 Best Doctors in America® List
- University of Nebraska, 1986
- Diagnostic Radiology, Truman Medical Center, Kansas City, MO
- Interventional Radiology, University of Virginia