- ABMS Certification:
- Internal Medicine; Hematology; Medical Oncology
- Research Interests:
Malignant hematology (lymphoma, myeloma, leukemia)
- Clinical Practice:
- Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia, Aplastic anemia, Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia, Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia, Immune Thrombocytopenia Purpura (ITP), Multiple Myeloma, Myelodysplastic Syndromes (MDS), Polycythemia vera, Leukemia, Lymphoma, Blood Disorders, Blood Cancers & Disorders, Waldenstrom Macroglobulinemia
Associate Dean for Admissions & Student Affairs - UVa School of Medicine
- Associate Professor
John Densmore, MD, is an associate professor of internal medicine at UVA.
After earning his undergraduate degree in physiology from Cornell University, Dr. Densmore came to UVA for medical school and never left. He earned a PhD in biophysics along with his MD and completed a residency in internal medicine. He then did a fellowship in hematology/oncology and joined the faculty in 2001. In addition to his clinical and teaching work, Dr. Densmore is the Associate Dean for Admissions and Student Affairs at the School of Medicine.
- 2012-2020 Best Doctors in America® List
- University of Virginia, 1995
- Internal Medicine, University of Virginia
- Hematology/Oncology, University of Virginia