Joseph S Park, MD
- Research Interests:
tendon transfers, Achilles tendinopathy, ankle instability, peroneal tendon subluxation
- Clinical Practice:
- Ankle Fracture, Foot Fracture, Toe Fracture, Bunion, Hammer Toe, Navicular Fracture, Peroneal Nerve Injury, Peroneal Tendinopathy, Pes Cavus (High arches), Posterior Tibial Tendinopathy, Achilles Tendon Rupture, Achilles Tendinopathy, Fracture, Foot & Ankle Orthopedics
- Associate Professor
Joseph Park, MD, is an associate professor and chief of the Foot and Ankle Davison in the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at UVA.
Dr. Park graduated magna cum laude from the University of Pennsylvania and earned his medical degree from UVA. He completed his residency in orthopedic surgery at New York University Hospital for Joint Diseases, followed by a fellowship in foot and ankle surgery at Union Memorial Hospital in Baltimore. He joined the UVA orthopedic faculty in 2010.
He is the associate director of the Foot and Ankle Fellowship at UVA and is the team foot and ankle surgeon for UVA Athletics. Dr. Park’s research interests include sports-related injuries to the foot and ankle, tendon reconstruction, ankle replacement, bone grafting for complex arthrodesis procedures and biomechanical properties of orthopedic implants.
Away from the hospital, Dr. Park enjoys soccer and tennis and spending time with his family.
- 2015-2020 Best Doctors in America® List
- University of Virginia 2004
- NYU Hospital for Joint Diseases
- Union Memorial Hospital, Baltimore, MD