Joyce B Geilker, MD
- General Internal Medicine Appointment , General Primary Care Offices Appointment
- Medicine , Primary Care Offices
- ABMS Certification:
- Internal Medicine, 1993
- Clinical Practice:
- Internal Medicine, Primary Care
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Internal Medicine
Joyce Geilker, MD, is a full-time general internist at UVA Northridge, where she sees men and women ages 18-100+. She loves the challenges and expanse of the field of medicine, and as a general internist she has the opportunity to treat a wide variety of medical issues. She works closely with subspecialists when needed for her patients and helps coordinate their care.
Dr. Geilker was born in Iowa and spent her early years in Vermont and Connecticut, while her father was completing his PhD at Yale. Her family then moved to Liberty, Missouri (north of Kansas City) where she spent the majority of her years growing up. She did her undergraduate work at the University of Missouri and then came to UVA for medical school and her internal medicine residency. After completing her training, she joined the faculty at UVA in 1993.
Married with three children (two sons and a daughter), Dr. Geilker loves spending her free time with her family. She enjoys hiking in the mountains, which she and her family do very regularly; she also thoroughly enjoys swimming and traveling.
- 2015-2018 Best Doctors in America® List
- University of Virginia, 1990
- Internal Medicine, University of Virginia