- ABMS Certification:
- Research Interests:
Lung Cancer Screening, Medical Student Education including Entrustable Professional Activities, Member of the Medical School Curriculum Committee, Medico-legal Issues in Radiology, Thoracic Interventions
- Clinical Practice:
- Asthma, Lung Cancer, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Lung Cancer Screening, Ultrasound-Guided Procedures
Medical Director for Medical Student Education in the Department of Radiology, Member of the School of Medicine Curriculum Committee, Master Assessor for EPA
- Associate Professor
Dr. Olazagasti completed his undergraduate degree and medical school at The University of Puerto Rico. Subsequently, he completed his residency at Louisiana State University in 1996, followed by a pediatric imaging fellowship at Egleston's Children Hospital in Atlanta in 1997. At UVA since 2001, he currently serves as the medical director for radiology education in the school of medicine, thread leader for radiology in the new graduate curriculum and as a member of the UVA School of Medicine curriculum committee.
As a member of the body imaging division, Dr. Olazagasti’s specializes in interpreting images of thoracic diseases. He also performs image-guided percutaneous interventional procedures, including soft tissue, lung nodule and lymph node biopsies and percutaneous drainages. Other procedures Dr. Olazagasti conducts: non-vascular interventional procedures, solid organ biopsies, catheter drainage and G-tube placements.
- 2019-2020 Best Doctors in America® List
- 2005 Deans Award for Excellence in Teaching, University of Virginia School of Medicine
- 2005 Academy of Distinguished Educators, University of Virgina School of Medicine
- 2000 Teacher of the year, Medical University of South Carolina
- University of Puerto Rico, 1992
- Radiology, Louisiana State University
- Pediatric Radiology, Egleston Childrens Hospital, Emory University