- ABMS Certification:
- Research Interests:
Lung Cancer Screening
Medico-legal Issues in Radiology, medical student education, thoracic interventions
- Clinical Practice:
- Asthma, Lung Cancer, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Lung Cancer Screening
Medical Director for Medical Student Radiology Clerkship
- Associate Professor of Clinical Radiology
Dr. Olazagasti completed his residency at Louisiana State University in 1996, and a pediatric imaging fellowship at Egleston's Children Hospital in Atlanta in 1997. At UVA since 2001, he currently serves as the medical director for radiology education in the school of medicine, thread leader for radiology in the new graduate curriculum and as a member of the UVA School of Medicine curriculum committee.
As a member of the body imaging division, Dr. Olazagasti’s specializes in interpreting images of thoracic diseases. He also performs image-guided percutaneous interventional procedures, including soft tissue, lung nodule and lymph node biopsies and percutaneous drainages.
- 2005 Deans Award for Excellence in Teaching, University of Virginia School of Medicine
- 2005 Academy of Distinguished Educators, University of Virgina School of Medicine
- 2000 Teacher of the year, Medical University of South Carolina
- University of Puerto Rico, 1992
- Radiology, Louisiana State University
- Pediatric Radiology, Egleston Childrens Hospital, Emory University