- ABMS Certification:
- American Board of Radiology
- Research Interests:
Thoracic imaging, teaching methods/learning strategies for radiology residents and medical students
- Clinical Practice:
- Interstitial Lung Disease, Lung Cancer Screening
- Associate Professor
Dr. Bueno graduated from medical school in 2004 from Universidad de La Sabana and received her specialty degree in radiology from Fundacion Valle del Lili - Universidad CES in her home country of Colombia in 2011. After a clinical fellowship in cardiothoracic imaging at Duke University Medical Center in Durham, NC, Dr. Bueno joined the Body Imaging Division of the radiology department at the University of Virginia.
Her main interests include teaching medical students and radiology residents, as well as exploring new learning methods. Dr. Bueno speaks English and Spanish, and has been instrumental in the development of an international outreach program in radiology that has lead to new opportunities for UVA residents and physicians in partner institutions.
- 2014-2015 Paul M. Dee, MD Teacher of the Year Award, Department of Radiology and Medical Imaging, University of Virginia
- 2013-2014 Charles J. Tegtmeyer MD Memorial Clinical Service Award, Department of Radiology and Medical Imaging, University of Virginia
- Universidad de La Sabana, Bogota, D.C.-Columbia 2004
- Fundacion Valle del Llli-Univesidad CES, Cali, Columbia (Radiology)
- Duke University Medical Center (Cardiothoracic Imaging)