- ABMS Certification:
- Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- Clinical Practice:
- Hemophilia Treatment
Julie Armatas is a board-certified nurse practitioner who treats patients with bleeding disorders such as hemophilia or Von Willebrand's disease, as well as patients with anemia or blood clotting disorders.
Originally from Kansas, Julie completed her bachelor’s degree in nursing (BSN) in 1988 at Pittsburg State University in Kansas. She completed a master’s degree in nursing (MSN) and her acute care nurse practitioner (ACNP) certification at University of Virginia in 2010.
Julie lives in Charlottesville. As a volunteer, she helps at community outreach COVID-19 testing centers and helps maintain local hiking trails in and around the Appalachian Mountains.
She loves exploring the outdoors whether through hiking or trail maintenance. She is passionate about being in the mountains, scuba diving, and spending time with her animals.
- Dr. Fraser-Daveys award for nursing - contributions to international nursing, 2000
- Elaine Lauren award for nursing - contributions to nursing education, 1999
- Priory Vote of Thanks- St. John's Ambulance for service, 1997
- Canadian Decoration - For distinguished Military service, 1996
- University of Virginia, 2010