Katarine V Egressy, MD, MPH
- Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, General Internal Medicine Appointment
- Primary Location:
- ABMS Certification:
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Internal Medicine
American Board of Internal Medicine, Critical Care Medicine
American Board of Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease
- Research Interests:
Lung cancer screening
- Assistant Professor
Katarine Egressy, MD, specializes in caring for patients with diseases of the lungs and airways. As a pulmonologist, she diagnoses and treats cancer, pneumonia, pleurisy, pulmonary hypertension, asthma, occupational and environmental diseases, bronchitis, sleep disorders, emphysema and other complex disorders of the lungs.
Dr. Egressy was born in Lviv, Ukraine, and grew up in Richmond. She graduated from Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons. Before joining UVA Health in 2021, she worked at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Health, an academic health system in Lebanon, New Hampshire.
“Healthcare delivery has a profound and personal meaning to me having been on both sides of delivering and receiving care. I care deeply about patient outcomes and combined with evidence-based science, my practice of medicine is guided by empathy, science and sincerity."
- Ben Gurion Medical School in Collaboration with the Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, 2004
- Providence St Vincent's Medical Center, Brown University
- University of Chicago, University of Wisconsin