- ABMS Certification:
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Clinical Practice:
- Atrophic Vaginitis, Chlamydia, Ectopic Pregnancy, Endometriosis, Genital Herpes, Gonorrhea, Menopause, Miscarriage, Ovarian cyst, Postpartum Depression, Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS), Syphilis, Threatened Abortion, Uterine Fibroids (Fibromyoma), Cesarean Birth, Hysterectomy-Open Surgery, Myomectomy, Pregnancy/Birth, Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID), Women's Health, OB/Gyn, Primary Care
- Associate Professor
Dr. Kent is a board certified OB/GYN. She is a true "Virginia girl." After completing medical school at the University of Virginia, she left the state briefly for her residency at Duke Medical Center in Durham, NC. She was in private practice for two years in North Carolina and Florida, but knew she had to come back home to the Virginia mountains.
Both she and her husband work for UVA Health System. Together they have four children. When not at work, she spends all of her time loving her growing family and singing.
- 2013 Clerkship teaching award
- 2013 Breastfeeding champion, Virginia Breastfeeding Advocates
- 2008 CREOG resident teaching award
- University of Virginia, 1998
- Obstetrics and Gynecology, Duke University