Kathie L Hullfish, MD
- Urogynecology and Pelvic Reconstructive Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Primary Location:
- Secondary Locations:
- ABMS Certification:
- Obstetrics and Gynecology; Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery
- Research Interests:
Epidemiology of pelvic floor disorders, surgical outcomes for pelvic floor dysfunction surgery, community outreach and access, medical education
- Clinical Practice:
- Fecal Incontinence, Hysterectomy, Pelvic Organ Prolapse, Female Urinary Incontinence, Rectocele Repair, Cystocele Repair, Colpocleisis (Vaginal Shortening), Abdominal Sacrocolpopexy, Total Vaginal Reconstruction, TVT/Sling, Women's Health, OB/Gyn, Pelvic Floor Disorders, Urinary Incontinence
For Dr. Kathie Hullfish, working with female pelvic floor disorders is not just a career - it's a mission. "I feel like I'm making a positive difference in the lives of patients and families and helping educate the next generation of physicians," she says, referring to her work in clinical care, as well as her role as a teacher and groundbreaking clinical researcher at UVA.
What drew Dr. Hullfish to the highly specialized field of uro-gynecology? "For me, it was the intellectual and emotional appeal of caring for women with complex medical and surgical problems," she says. "Just knowing that options exist to help improve the quality of life for patients."
Dr. Hullfish received her medical degree and OB/GYN residency training at the University of Virginia. She completed her fellowship training in Uro-gynecology at Rush Medical College in Chicago and returned to Charlottesville to join the OB/GYN faculty in 1999. In addition to her clinical activities, Dr. Hullfish is involved in medical center administration, as the associate chief medical officer for peri-operative services.
- 2019 Best Bedside Manner Awards, OurHealth Charlottesville and Shenandoah Valley Magazine; Second Place, Urogynecology/Female Pelvic Medicine
- 2018 Best Bedside Manner Awards, OurHealth Charlottesville and Shenandoah Valley Magazine; First Place, Urogynecology/Female Pelvic Medicine
- 2015-2020 Best Doctors in America® List
- University of Virginia, 1992
- Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Virginia
- Urogynecology, Rush Medical Center