Kenneth W Norwood Jr., MD
- Developmental Pediatrics
- Primary Location:
Pediatric Acquired and Traumatic Brain Injury Clinic
1204 W. Main St.
Charlottesville, VA 22903Directions
- Secondary Locations:
- ABMS Certification:
- Pediatrics, Neurodevelopmental Disabilities
- Clinical Practice:
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Autism Spectrum Disorder- Pediatric, Developmental Disabilities- Pediatric, Spina Bifida, Horseshoe Kidney- Pediatric, Pediatric Therapy & Rehab
Kenneth Norwood, Jr, MD, joined the UVA faculty in 2005 after a 26-year Navy career. He completed his clinical fellowship in neurodevelopmental disabilities at the Kennedy-Krieger Institute, the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
He is a professor of pediatrics and is board certified in neurodevelopmental disabilities. Dr. Norwood is very active clinically and sees patients representing the full spectrum of developmental disabilities, including autism, ADHD, and learning disabilities. He is the primary attending in the brain injury clinic.
Dr. Norwood enjoys teaching at all levels and has won teaching awards at several institutions, including the University of Virginia. He is a member of the University’s Academy of Distinguished Educators. Dr. Norwood is very involved nationally with the American Academy of Pediatrics’ Council on Children with Disabilities.
- 2019-2020 Best Doctors in America® List
- Wake Forest University School of Medicine, 1983
- Pediatrics, Naval Medical Center Portsmouth
- Developmental Pediatrics, Johns Hopkins University