- ABMS Certification:
- Diagnostic Radiology (ABR); Interventional Radiology (CAQ-ABR)
- Research Interests:
Cardiovascular computed tomography and Cardiovascular magnetic resonance imaging
- Clinical Practice:
- Pediatric Imaging
Chief, Division of Noninvasive Cardiovascular Imaging
- Professor of Radiology, Medicine (Cardiology) and Pediatrics
A member of the UVA department of Radiology and Medical Imaging for nearly two decades, Dr. Hagspiel is board certified in diagnostic radiology with fellowship training in cardiovascular and interventional radiology. In addition to his role as rrofessor, he serves as chief of the division of cardiovascular imaging in the department.
Dr. Hagspiel’s specific area of expertise is in cardiovascular computed tomography (CT) and cardiovascular magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). He has lectured extensively in the US and internationally on topics related to imaging of the cardiovascular system.
- Ludwig-Maximilians University, Munich, Germany, 1988
- Diagnostic Radiology, University Hospital-Zurich, Switzerland
- Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiology, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, MA