Leandro V Leite, MD
- Vascular and Interventional Radiology
- Radiology and Medical Imaging
- Primary Location:
- Secondary Locations:
- ABMS Certification:
- Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiology
- Clinical Practice:
- Ablation, Peripheral Artery Disease (PAD), Uterine Artery Embolization, Balloon Kyphoplasty, Pain Management
- Lecturer and UVA Physician
Dr. Leite is part of the interventional radiology team that performs minimally invasive, image-guided procedures to treat a wide range of medical conditions that once required open surgery. Dr. Leite’s specialty focus is in interventional oncology, including procedures such as liver chemo and radioembolization, percutaneous tumor ablation (e.g. for lung, liver and kidney cancer) as well as intravascular treatment of fibroids and pelvic/lower extremities varices.
Dr. Leite attended The Universidade Federal do Estado do Rio de Janeiro, Brazil where he received both his bachelor’s and medical degrees. He completed his residency in diagnostic radiology at the University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics and his fellowship in vascular and interventional radiology at University of Maryland Medical Center. Dr. Leite is board-eligible in diagnostic radiology with the American Board of Radiology. He is a member of both The Society of Interventional Radiology and The American College of Radiology and its Virginia Chapter.
- Universiddade do Estado do Rio de Janeiro- UNIRIO
- University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics
- University of Maryland Medical Center