Linda A Waggoner-Fountain, MD, MEd
- ABMS Certification:
- Pediatrics; Pediatric Infectious Diseases
- Research Interests:
Immunizations and infectious issues in international adoptees, undergraduate and graduate medical education and sign over of patient care.
- Clinical Practice:
- Meningitis (Bacterial and Viral)-child, Swine Flu (H1N1)-child, Pneumonia, Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Pediatric Primary Care
Director, Pediatric Residency Program
- Professor of Pediatrics
Dr. Waggoner-Fountain received her undergraduate and medical degrees from the University of Iowa. She completed a pediatrics residency, a pediatric chief residency and a pediatric infectious diseases fellowship at UVA, and joined the faculty in 1996. She later earned a master’s degree in academic medical education at the University of Southern California.
Dr. Waggoner-Fountain is the director of the Pediatrics Residency Program and is active in education with UVA School of Medicine. Outside of work, she enjoys spending time with her family. ?
- 2015-2018 Best Doctors in America® List
- University of Iowa, 1989
- Pediatrics, University of Virginia; Chief Residency, Pediatrics, University of Virginia
- Pediatric Infectious Diseases, University of Virginia