- ABMS Certification:
- Obstetrics and Gynecology; Gynecologic Oncology
- Research Interests:
Endometrial cancer, clinical trials
- Clinical Practice:
- Cervical Cancer, Endometrial (Uterine) Cancer, Ovarian Cancer (Epithelial), Vaginal Cancer, Gestational Trophoblastic Disease, Vulvar Cancer, Uterine Sarcoma, Gynecologic Cancer, Women's Health, OB/Gyn, High-Risk Ovarian Cancer
- Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Linda Duska, MD, is a gynecologic oncologist at UVA. She takes care of women with gynecologic cancers as well as women with benign but complicated surgical problems. In addition to surgery, she prescribes chemotherapy for gynecologic malignancies. Her research focuses on clinical trials, allowing women with cancer to access new and exciting treatments for their disease.
Dr. Duska was born in New York City, and grew up in a Boston suburb. She attended Swarthmore College and NYU School of Medicine. After her residency in OB/GYN at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, she completed a fellowship in gynecologic oncology at the Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston. She stayed in Boston for 13 years, rising to the rank of associate professor at Harvard. In 2008, she left to join UVA and direct the Gynecologic Oncology Fellowship Program.
In additional to her clinical role, Dr. Duska is a professor of obstetrics and gynecology and currently serves as the associate dean for clinical research at UVA School of Medicine. In her associate dean role, she works to improve the infrastructure that supports clinical research at the school as well as helping other clinical researchers to be successful in their efforts to find new treatments for diseases.
Dr. Duska met her husband in their freshman year of college and they have been married for 28 years. They have four children, now ages 23, 21, 19 and 16. Her hobbies include running, and she and her husband run a marathon together once a year.
- 2011-2018 Best Doctors in America® List
- 2015 One of America's Top Cancer Doctors, Newsweek®
- New York University School of Medicine, 1991
- Obstetrics and Gynecology, Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Gynecologic Oncology, Massachusetts General Hospital