- ABMS Certification:
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- Research Interests:
Relationship of arrhythmia and cardiac symptoms to menopause and perimenopause; Primary prevention of cardiovascular disease through diet and exercise.
- Clinical Practice:
- Arrhythmias, Heart Failure, High Blood Pressure (Hypertension), High Triglycerides (Hyperlipidemia), Cardiac Catheterization, Heart Rhythm Disorders
- Family Nurse Practitioner
After working in emergency nursing, in-patient and home health care for 25 years in New York, I decided to obtain an advanced degree to become a nurse practitioner. This step was prompted in part by partaking in a medical mission to Guatemala. During this trip, I was assigned to assess and provide care to numerous patients throughout the course of a day as a primary provider (with a physician an arm's length away) due to my ER background. I finished my master's degree at UVA and began my NP career in the emergency department.
Soon after, I discovered the amazing cardiovascular team at UVA and decided that specializing in this field "felt right" for me. Aside from hearts, my interests include tennis, antiquing, DIY projects and exploring my new home state of Virginia.
- 2008 Brody Nurse Practitioner Scholarship
- 2007 Theresa A. Thomas Fellowship in Primary Care Scholarship
- University of Virginia, 2008