Dr. Lynn Dengel is a board-certified and fellowship-trained surgical oncologist. After finishing her undergraduate degree at Dartmouth College, she received her medical degree from the Georgetown University School of Medicine in Washington D.C., where she graduated cum laude and was elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha medical honor society. She subsequently completed general surgery residency at the University of Virginia Hospital Medical Center in Charlottesville, VA, where she received the Award of Academic Excellence from the department of surgery.
Dr. Dengel completed a fellowship at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York.
She has authored and co-authored several articles in leading peer-reviewed publications, including the Annals of Surgical Oncology, Journal of Clinical Oncology, and Annals of Surgery. Dr. Dengel has received recognition for her research, including the Conquer Cancer Foundation of ASCO Merit Award, supported by Susan G. Komen for the Cure, and the Harvey Baker Traveling Fellow Award from the Society of Surgical Oncology.
Dr. Dengel lives in Charlottesville, Virginia with her husband and their four children.
- 2013 Conquer Cancer Foundation of ASCO Merit Award, supported by Susan G. Komen for the Cure
- 2013 Harvey Baker Traveling Fellow Award; Society of Surgical Oncology
- 2010 Award of Academic Excellence – Department of Surgery University of Virginia
- 2005 Cum Laude – Georgetown University School of Medicine
- 2004 Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society