- ABMS Certification:
- Anatomic Pathology; Neuropathology
- Research Interests:
My research interests focus on two major areas: Hypothalamic, pituitary and peripheral interactions in the pathogenesis of pituitary adenomas; Molecular mechanisms of pathogenesis and invasion of brain tumors.
My current projects are: Mechanisms of invasion and progression of pituitary adenomas; Refinement of the morphologic, immunohistochemical and molecular diagnostic techniques for pathological classification of brain tumors; and The mechanisms of glioma invasion and migration.
- Clinical Practice:
- Pituitary Adenomas, Neurocutaneous Disorders, Pituitary
Chief, Division of Neuropathology; Acting Chief, Division of Autopsy Pathology
- University of Sao Paulo, Brazil, 1982
- Anatomic Pathology, University of Sao Paulo
- Neuropathology, University of Virginia