- ABMS Certification:
- Dermatology, 1997
- Clinical Practice:
- Melanoma, Squamous Cell Carcinoma, Mohs surgery, Acne, Skin Cancer Screening, Dermatology, Keloid
Mark Russell, MD, FAAD, specializes in diagnosing and treating common and rare skin cancers. He is an expert in the Mohs technique—microscopically controlled surgery to treat skin cancer — and is one of the few fellowship-trained Mohs surgeons who is also board-certified in dermatology and dermatopathology.
Dr. Russell was born and raised in central Ohio. He graduated from the Ohio State University with a BS in Nutrition and earned his MD there as well. After graduating medical school, Dr. Russell completed his internship at Riverside Methodist Hospital in Columbus, Ohio, before completing his residency in dermatology at Vanderbilt University. After residency, Dr. Russell completed a fellowship in Mohs and dermatologic surgery at Vanderbilt, followed by a fellowship in dermatopathology at UVA. He then joined the faculty and is currently Professor of dermatology, otolaryngology and pathology.
Dr. Russell enjoys computers and technology, soccer, running, cycling and time with family and friends.
- 2011-2020 Best Doctors in America® List
- 2015 One of America's Top Cancer Doctors, Newsweek®
- Ohio State University, 1993
- Dermatology, Vanderbilt University
- Dermapathology, University of Virginia; Dermatologic Surgery, Vanderbilt University