Mark J. Jameson, MD
- Head & Neck Surgical Oncology
- Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery
- Research Interests:
Involvement of growth factors in head and neck cancer
- Clinical Practice:
- Basal Cell Carcinoma, Esophageal Cancer, Laryngeal (Voice Box) Cancer, Melanoma, Skin Cancer, Throat (Oropharyngeal) Cancer, Thyroid Cancer, Tongue Cancer, Endocrine Surgery, Esophagectomy, Parathyroidectomy, Nasal and Sinus Cancer, Oral Cancer, Salivary Gland Cancer, Gastrointestinal Cancer, Head and Neck Cancer, Parathyroid Cancer, Hypopharyngeal Cancer, Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT), Head and Neck Cancer
- Associate Professor
Mark Jameson, MD, is the director of head and neck oncologic and microvascular surgery at UVA.
Born in Canada, he attended Point Loma Nazarene College in San Diego for his undergraduate education. He then moved to Charleston, South Carolina, where he earned his medical degree and a doctorate in cell and molecular pharmacology and experimental therapeutics at the Medical University of South Carolina. Dr. Jameson completed a residency in otolaryngology-head and neck surgery at UVA and a fellowship in head and neck oncologic and reconstructive surgery at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics.
Dr. Jameson joined the faculty at UVA in 2007, and was promoted to associate professor in 2013. He is married with three children.
2019-2020 Best Doctors in America® List
- Medical University of South Carolina, 2001
- Otolaryngology, University of Virginia Health System
- Head and Neck Oncologic and Reconstructive Surgery, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics