- ABMS Certification:
- Diagnostic Radiology, 1988
- Research Interests:
Imaging of sports injuries, musculoskeletal stress injuries
Mark W. Anderson, MD, is a professor of radiology and orthopedic surgery, as well as the Harrison Distinguished Teaching Professor of radiology at the University of Virginia Health Sciences Center. He also serves as chief of the Division of Musculoskeletal Imaging.
Dr. Anderson is the co-author of three books, “Keats’ Atlas of Normal Roentgen Variants That May Simulate Disease,” “Musculoskeletal MRI,” and “Musculoskeletal Imaging Cases.” He has also written numerous book chapters and scientific articles.
Dr. Anderson’s true passion is teaching. In addition to lecturing at several national and international conferences each year, he has been awarded the Paul M. Dee Teacher of the year award three times over the past 10 years by the radiology residents at the University of Virginia. He has had the privilege of teaching at the AFIP/AIRP since 2001.
- 2015-2018 Best Doctors in America® List
- Harrison Distinguished Teaching Professor of Radiology
- University of California-Los Angeles, 1983
- Diagnostic Radiology, University of California-Davis
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging, University of California-San Francisco