Matthew R Caley, MD
- Breast Imaging
- Radiology and Medical Imaging
- Primary Location:
- Secondary Locations:
- Research Interests:
Informatics, quality improvement, breast radiology-pathology correlation, and clinical outcomes.
- Clinical Practice:
- Breast Cancer in Men, Breast Cancer in Women, Breast Cancer, Breast Cancer Screening/Mammograms, Low-dose Breast Tomosynthesis (3D Mammography), Automated Breast Ultrasound System (ABUS)
- Assistant Professor
Matthew Caley, MD, is a radiologist who specializes in breast imaging, providing diagnostic breast imaging and image-guided breast procedures.
Born and raised in California, Caley was fortunate enough to study and train across the country. He attended medical school at the University of Nevada School of Medicine in Reno, Nevada. He completed his first year of residency training at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, followed by a year at Saint Louis University in St. Louis, Missouri, and three subsequent years at Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, New Hampshire. Caley then came to Charlottesville to complete his fellowship in breast imaging at UVA Health. He fell in love with the city and its strong sense of community and decided to stay.
In his free time, Caley and his wife enjoy spending time outdoors with their dogs and they are excited to raise their first child here.
- University of Nevada School of Medicine
- Saint Louis University Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center
- University of Virginia, Radiology - Breast Imaging