- ABMS Certification:
- Hematology; Pediatric Hematology-Oncology
- Research Interests:
Clinical research in hematologic malignancies, fertility preservation, and quality improvement.
- Clinical Practice:
- Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia, Ewing's sarcoma, Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma, Chronic Myelocytic Leukemia, Hodgkin Lymphoma, Acute Myelogenous Leukemia, Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation (Bone Marrow Transplant), Sarcoma (Soft Tissue Tumors), Blood Cancers, Cardio-Oncology
- Associate Professor
Michael Douvas, MD, is trained in pediatrics and internal medicine. He's also board certified in both pediatric hematology/oncology and adult hematology. He primarily takes care of young adult patients with cancers common to both kids and adults, notably leukemia, lymphoma and sarcoma.
Dr. Douvas also takes care of older adults who survived cancers at younger ages, as well as older patients with hematologic malignancies. He is interested in the long-term treatment and care for cancer survivors.
- 2013-2018 Best Doctors in America® List
- University of Virginia School of Medicine, 1996
- Internal Medicine and Pediatrics, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Internal Medicine: Adult Hematology and Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill