- ABMS Certification:
- Internal Medicine; Cardiovascular Disease; Interventional Cardiology
- Research Interests:
Coronary flow reserve|Coronary artery disease|Myocardial viability|Restenosis|Hemodynamics|Ischemic heart disease|Myocardial infarction and atherosclerosis
- Clinical Practice:
- Angina, Coronary Artery Disease, Heart Attack, Mitral Regurgitation, Mitral Stenosis, Aortic Stenosis, Aortic Valve Replacement, Atherectomy and Angioplasty, Cardiac Catheterization, Coronary Angioplasty, Coronary Stenting, Mitral Valve Repair, Peripheral Artery Disease (PAD), Pulmonary Regurgitation, TAVR, Chronic Total Occlusion, LVAD, Mini Valve Replacement Surgery, Artery Disease, Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy, Heart Valve Disease, Heart Rhythm Disorders, MitraClip for Heart Failure
Medical Director, Cardiac Catheterization Laboratories
Michael Ragosta, M.D., is board certified in internal medicine, cardiovascular diseases and interventional cardiology. He specializes in interventional cardiology, heart valve disease, general cardiology and peripheral arterial disease.
Dr. Ragosta has been principal investigator or co-principal investigator on 10 clinical trials involving myocardial viability, coronary collateral circulation, coronary flow reserve, fractional flow reserve and myocardial contrast echocardiography. He has shared his research and experience through more than 40 invited lectures or visiting professorships and by authoring or co-authoring more than 120 peer-reviewed journal publications, book chapters and scientific abstracts. Dr. Ragosta is Medical Director for Interventional Cardiology at UVA.
- 2019 Best Bedside Manner Awards, OurHealth Charlottesville and Shenandoah Valley Magazine; Honorable Mention, Cardiology
- 2011-2020 Best Doctors in America® List
- Brown University, 1985
- Internal Medicine, Yale-New Haven Hospital
- Cardiology, Interventional Cardiology, University of Virginia