- ABMS Certification:
- Internal Medicine; Cardiovascular Disease; Interventional Cardiology
- Research Interests:
Coronary flow reserve|Coronary artery disease|Myocardial viability|Restenosis|Hemodynamics|Ischemic heart disease|Myocardial infarction and atherosclerosis
- Clinical Practice:
- Angina, Coronary Artery Disease, Heart Attack, Mitral Regurgitation, Mitral Stenosis, Aortic Stenosis, Aortic Valve Replacement, Angioplasty/Atherectomy of Noncoronary Vessel, Cardiac Catheterization, Coronary Angioplasty, Coronary Stenting, Peripheral Artery Disease (PAD), Pulmonary Regurgitation, Transcatheter Aortic Valve Insertion, Chronic Total Occlusion, Left Ventricular Assist Devices (LVAD), Artery Disease, Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy, Heart Valve Disease, Heart Rhythm Disorders
Medical Director, Cardiac Catheterization Laboratories
- Professor of Medicine/Cardiology
Michael Ragosta, M.D., is board certified in internal medicine, cardiovascular diseases and interventional cardiology. He specializes in interventional cardiology, heart valve disease, general cardiology and peripheral arterial disease.
Dr. Ragosta has been principal investigator or co-principal investigator on 10 clinical trials involving myocardial viability, coronary collateral circulation, coronary flow reserve, fractional flow reserve and myocardial contrast echocardiography. He has shared his research and experience through more than 40 invited lectures or visiting professorships and by authoring or co-authoring more than 120 peer-reviewed journal publications, book chapters and scientific abstracts. Dr. Ragosta is Medical Director for Interventional Cardiology at UVA.
- 2011-2018 Best Doctors in America® List
- Brown University, 1985
- Internal Medicine, Yale-New Haven Hospital
- Cardiology, Interventional Cardiology, University of Virginia