- ABMS Certification:
- Internal Medicine
Allergy and Immunology
- Research Interests:
Immunodeficiencies, in particular those characterized by dysregulation of IgE. Severe Asthma.
- Clinical Practice:
- Food Allergy, Swelling (Angioedema), Asthma, Eosinophilia, Sinus Surgery, Environmental Allergies- Pediatric, Allergy Care, Pediatric Respiratory Medicine, Allergy and Immunology, Food Allergies- Pediatric
- Associate Professor
I was born in Colorado but grew up in Northern Virginia. After completing my undergraduate degree in Biology and Psychology at Duke University in Durham, North Carolina, I moved to St. Louis where I completed my medical degree and my residency in Internal Medicine at Washington University/Barnes Jewish Hospital. I met my husband, Kevin, in St. Louis and we moved to the DC area while I completed my fellowship training in Allergy and Immunology at the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), National Institutes of Health (NIH). From there, we moved to Charlottesville where I joined the faculty in the Division of Asthma Allergy and Immunology at the University of Virginia.
I enjoy spending time with my family, enjoying all the outdoor activities that beautiful Charlottesville has to offer, reading, and watching sports (in particular, college basketball and football, and pro football).
- 2012 NIAID Merit Award
- 2013-2014 Dr. Alexander McCausland Fellowship
- 2016-2017 Dr. Alexander McCausland Fellowship
- Washington University 2007
- Washington University (Internal Medicine) 2010
- National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease (Allergy & Immunology) 2013