Monica G Lawrence, MD
- Allergy and Clinical Immunology
- ABMS Certification:
- Internal Medicine
Allergy and Immunology
- Research Interests:
Immunodeficiencies, in particular those characterized by dysregulation of IgE. Severe Asthma.
- Clinical Practice:
- Allergic Rhinitis (Hay Fever) (Seasonal or Perennial), Food Allergy, Insect Allergy, Anaphylaxis, Angioedema, Asthma, Cough, Eosinophilia, Hives, Sinusitis, Environmental Allergies-child, Allergy Care, Pediatric Respiratory Medicine, Allergy and Immunology, Food Allergies-child
- Assistant Professor
I was born in Colorado but grew up in Northern Virginia. After completing my undergraduate degree in Biology and Psychology at Duke University in Durham, North Carolina, I moved to St. Louis where I completed my medical degree and my residency in Internal Medicine at Washington University/Barnes Jewish Hospital. I met my husband, Kevin, in St. Louis and we moved to the DC area while I completed my fellowship training in Allergy and Immunology at the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), National Institutes of Health (NIH). From there, we moved to Charlottesville where I joined the faculty in the Division of Asthma Allergy and Immunology at the University of Virginia.
I enjoy spending time with my family, enjoying all the outdoor activities that beautiful Charlottesville has to offer, reading, and watching sports (in particular, college basketball and football, and pro football).
2012 NIAID Merit Award
2013-2014 Dr. Alexander McCausland Fellowship
2016-2017 Dr. Alexander McCausland Fellowship
- Washington University 2007
- Washington University (Internal Medicine) 2010
- National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease (Allergy & Immunology) 2013